Hey! Did you know I do a biweekly music podcast called Start the Music! that plays music from all different genres as well as interviews?
One of my reasons for starting a music podcast was to have the opportunity to talk to different people in different aspects of the music industry. Plenty of podcasts interview the musical acts, but I wanted to also talk to the people in the industry who support and help to create the music and who are often overlooked. (I interview bands, too!)
With twenty-four episodes already released (March ’18) and it’s 1st birthday rapidly approaching, there’s something for everyone. Consider this part of the liner notes for the podcast.
Where do I start?
- Doctor Who fan? I talked to Doctor Who composer Dominic Glynn on episode 12.
- Fancy yourself a photographer? You need to hear episode 8 about tour photography.
- What does a sound engineer do? Check out episode 10.
- Maybe you’re curious what it was like spending time with Green Day & filming while they created their album American Idiot, then listen to episode 18.
- An interview with the first openly gay rock band? That’s episode 20.